Jazz Piano Auditions
The KU School of Music currently offers a B.A. in jazz studies.
Limited spaces are available for the Jazz Studies program.
A limited number of scholarships are available.
Please contact Professor Dan Gailey to inquire about space in your particular instrument.
You must provide your own Jamey Aebersold play-along CD (Vol. 54 will work).
- Two contrasting jazz standards (such as "Autumn Leaves" in concert G minor as a medium swing, and "Blue Bossa" in concert C minor as a Latin tune).
- Play a chorus of melody in right hand with left hand comping,
- Followed by a chorus of two-hands comping
- Followed by a chorus of improvised solo.
- Selected major and minor scales.
Faculty Contact: Dan Gailey, email@example.com
Fall 2019 Audition Dates
Saturday, February 9, 2019 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
Saturday, February 16, 2019 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
If you cannot attend a live audition, email firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.