Inclusion, Diversity, Equality and Access
The School of Music (“School”) at the University of Kansas is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for its students, faculty, and staff. As such the School pledges to:
- Recognize that diversity in the School’s faculty and staff, classrooms, ensembles, studios, and organizations is critical to maintaining academic and artistic excellence.
- Provide an equitable and safe environment that embraces and respects all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender identity, age, disability status, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, first-generation status, socio-economic status, citizenship status, national origin, and veteran status.
- Acknowledge that sustained dedication to these values is only possible through:
- ongoing professional and personal development in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and social justice.
- the development of policies that encourage the recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students from diverse background.