Piano Auditions: B.M. Performance
For consideration into the Bachelor of Music for Piano Performance, applicants must first submit a pre-screening video.
If their video is satisfactory, they will be invited for a live audition.
Note: Piano scholarships are awarded only to students who enroll in the four-year BM degree in piano performance.
STEP 1: PRESCREENING
Submit a 30-minute video via https://app.getacceptd.com/kumusic of:
- The first movement of a Classical sonata
- A major Romantic work
- Other works of the entrant’s choice.
All selections must be played from memory. The recording does not have to be professional quality, but should be a clear and accurate representation of your playing. Poor sound quality will lessen your chances of admission.
DEADLINE: Pre-screening submissions via Acceptd are due by December 1, 2020.
STEP 2: AUDITION
For the audition, you must prepare one piece from each of the following categories:
- Baroque: a Prelude and Fugue by J.S. Bach from The Well-Tempered Clavier, Books I or II;
- Classical: a complete multi-movement sonata by a Classical composer, up to and including Schubert;
- Romantic: a major solo work by Chopin, Mendelssohn, Brahms, Schumann or Liszt;
- Contemporary: a work from the 20th or 21st Centuries. Works by Impressionistic composers are acceptable in this category;
- Etude: a virtuoso etude.
All selections must be played from memory.
Faculty Contact: Dr. Michael Kirkendoll, email@example.com
Fall 2021 Audition Dates
Saturday, February 13, 2021 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
Saturday, February 20, 2021 - Regular Audition Date (all instruments and voice)
2021 Audition Registration Coming Soon
If you cannot attend a live audition date, submit video through Acceptd.